13 May 2010

Keurig You're My Crack

     Hey out there - any other coffee-holics in the blogoshpere?  I love my coffee so much that I drink it black - it's truest and purest form.  I could drink it throughout the entire day and well into the evening.  I love my coffee so much that it is probably one addiction that is preventing me from even thinking of getting pregnant.  I recently read somewhere that women trying to get pregnant should not drink more than 300 mg of coffee per day or roughly 3 cups I believe.  Coffee, not only are you my crutch to get me through the day, but you are also another form of birth control. 
     All kidding aside, my favorite way to drink coffee is a nice, robust, coarse coffee blend in a french press.  Unfortunately, I do not have 10 minutes everyday to make one of my 4-5 cups of coffee.  Up until two months ago I would generally brew a pot each morning and end up throwing half of it away before I left for work in my little Mr. Coffee.  That was until my mom bought me a beautiful Keurig Programmable Brewer.  I can make a single cup of coffee as many times a day as I want - waste not, want not, right?  I travel to Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my 20% off coupons and purchase different K Cup flavors.  I must say that all of them have been good, but some of my new favorites, in no particular order, are: Donut Shop Coffee, French Roast Coffee, and Newmans Own Organics Special Blend Extra Bold Coffee
     I'm not being paid by Keurig to write this although, as with all of my product endorsements on this blog, some free coffee would be nice.  I've had some of their teas (not a tea person) and they come out fantastic.  I even like my milk chocolate K Cup for dessert some nights (It's 2 Points).  This is a perfect gift for any coffee lovers out there and if you don't agree with me just contact Keurig directly, they've got an awesome customer service department.  I thought my beautiful machine had broken the first week we got it because it would shut off automatically after each cup.  The lovely people at Keurig talked me through how to turn off the automatic shut off feature and didn't treat me like an idiot for not knowing how and worrying that I broke my favorite gadget since...I don't even know since, it's changed my life - and my husband's, he's making a cup for himself right now!

No comments: