15 May 2010

Accidental Tourists

It is a beautiful Saturday morning in sunny Florida.  I'm sitting at my computer and after paying bills, doing some work from home, and searching the web for homes in South Florida I've decided to write a little blog.  My husband's at work, but I'm trying to prepare for our little mini-adventure today when he gets home.  You see, we've decided to cruise the neighborhoods of Southeast Florida in an attempt to zone in on some that we haven't considered before.  Last weekend we traveled up to Boca Raton and Delray Beach (areas foreign to both of us our entire lives), but something just didn't feel right
You'd think that two native Floridians would know immediately where we wanted to call home, but alas we've turned into nomads over these past couple years.  I've lived in Weston, South Beach, Aventura, Hollywood Beach, Downtown Fort Lauderdale, and Plantation.  My in-laws live in Aventura (which my mother-in-law thinks is the center of universe - it is very nice) and my parents up and decided to leave Aventura and move to a golf course community in West Palm Beach a couple years ago (much to my dismay because I do not ever want to live in West Palm Beach - although it's very nice up there too). 
I'm often jealous of people that just know where they want to live.  Wouldn't that make our lives so much easier...to just know?  I think our problem is that we've lived in so maybe different neighborhoods as renters that we know too much of the bad or too much of the good and it makes it hard to just pick a place!  So armed with various listings from Hollywood down to Miami Beach, we're taking a driving tour today of so many of the neighborhoods that we've known well our whole lives.  We are going to be "accidental" tourists and look at these places with fresh eyes in the hopes that maybe we'll find something that feels right!

No comments: